Sunday, November 9, 2014

Haven't been productive today

So today I didn't make it to church, sort of sucks because I was looking forward to it after missing last week due to Maggie being sick.

Anyways Ithought I would go into some reasons why I miss church and family events.

The main reason I miss church or family events is because of pain. If my pain level is an 8/10 or above I tend to stay home. This is because when my pain is that high I tend to lack the ability focus, sometimes get feverish, and also can vomit from time to time. Also high levels of pain makes me quite tired. That is why I missed today, I was in quite a bit of pain. I woke up took some aleve and my morning muscle relaxer and went back to sleep. I also tend to miss if I am passing out a lot, having seizures, or can't move/support my self upright.

These things happen from time to time. A question that comes up quite a bit is why don't I just get more pain medication or additional pain medication. The simple answer is that I do not want to take it. I would rather work through the pain than be on additional medication. Pain medication can be addictive and a person can become dependent on it. I do not want that to happen. Also medications in general are bad for you. They are bad on a person's liver, teeth, and digestive system. Also a few of mine tend to cause me to feel dehydrated. I tend to already be on more medication than I really wish.

Symbicort 2x a day
Neurotin 2x a day but can take up to 3x a day
Zanaflex 2-3x a day
Metoprolol 2x a day
Asprin 1x a day
Daliresp 1x a day
Asprin 1x a day
Imetrex for Migraines as they come

So besides the pain another reason I may miss a family function or church function is sick kids of course. With my oldest I tend to be the one who has to stay home with her.

The final reason I may miss something is distance. I do not travel well. Car rides tend to vibrate my brain and cause pain levels to increase and other symptoms severity to increase. So sometimes it is a trade-off. If I travel one day I won't be able to do anything the next day and by not being able to do anything I literally mean not anything. Staying in bed and getting up to go to the bathroom if possible.

Something else I would like to address in this post is that I do not sit around and play video games all day. I actually do get some stuff done and then the rest of the day I sleep, that is if I even bother or can get out of bed to do more than just take my pills. I usually sleep all day until Laura gets home from work. I usually don't play games until 8pm, then I only play for a couple hours Tuesday-Thursday, that is a dedicated raid time for FFXIV. Yes it is true sometimes I stay up all night until Laura goes to work the following day. During that time I don't always play games, sometimes, a lot of the time I try to pick up after the girls and catch up on the tv shows I have DVR and sometimes watch a movie from time to time. Generally speaking and this is become more true all the time I actually go to bed about 2AM and sleep until 8AM, take my morning relaxer and go back to bed till 11:00AM take my nerve pain pill, do my symbicort puff and metoprolol dose and then go back to bed. I spend a lot of time sleeping anymore. Sometimes more time a sleep than awake.

Ok time to take a hot bath to try to let the hot water override some nerve pain...

No comments:

Post a Comment